Preparing a body for dancing is something that all people should do – whether a person is brand new to taking dance classes, or whether a person is just returning to dance after taking some time off pursuing other activities. Discover ten great ways to get your body ready for dancing.
Ten Ways to Get Ready for Dance Classes
1. Begin a regular walking habit a few times a week. Walking helps to loosen muscles and also provides a non-stressful form of cardio workout that can prepare your body to dance.
2. Drink lots of water. When you begin dance classes, it is imperative that you remain hydrated. Making it a consistent habit to drink a lot of water will help you to form a healthy habit of staying hydrated for your dance lessons.
3. Invest in a good pair of shoes and practice walking and dancing in them. This will help your feet, ankles, legs and back to become familiar with wearing dance shoes.
4. Practice excellent posture. Good posture is important to being able to perform fluid and expert dance steps. Good posture will also help your body by promoting better circulatory health.
5. Get involved in outdoor activities. Outdoor activities may include jogging, bicycling, kayaking or hiking. By staying active on a regular basis, you will be prepared to join the vigorous routines that are often associated with dance classes.
6. If you have any current leg, back or feet problems, be sure to consult with a doctor before beginning dance lessons.
7. Start stretching each morning and night. Performing a few simple stretches to loosen the muscles in your back and legs is a great way to prepare your body for the wonders of Latin dancing.
8. Take up yoga classes. Yoga is an ideal workout to prepare your body for dancing due to its ability to tone and strengthen the muscles in a low-impact exercise method.
9. Make sure you get plenty of rest. If you are incorporating dancing into a weekly schedule that includes working and taking care of a family, it is important that you also take time to refresh your body by getting an adequate amount of sleep.
10. Invest in comfortable and breathing dancing clothing. This will help you to be confident and prepared when it comes time to begin lessons.
Copyrighted Feb 11, 2013 www.hotlatinsalsa.com – Ten Ways to Prepare Your Body for Dancing