Have you ever wondered why having a dance partner is so important? Are you nervous about asking someone to learn to dance with you? Toss away those fears and discover the top ten reasons why it helps to have a dance partner!
- Learning to dance with a partner is more fun; it is easy to laugh at yourself for simple mistakes when someone is there to laugh and have fun along with you.
- You can learn to dance quicker when you have a partner. That’s right; you will pick up on the steps much quicker if you have a partner working right alongside you.
- Having a dance partner gives you a chance to dance with someone when classes are not in session. Practicing Latin dance moves is much easier away from class when a partner is there to dance with you.
- Encouragement is a big part of learning to dance. When you have a partner while you are learning the tango or the cha cha cha, you can encourage and push one another to be the very best dancer possible.
- Like any new hobby or passionate pursuit, learning with a friend or a loved one is best done in pairs. People feel more motivated to continue with their lessons when they have a dance partner.
- When you have a dance partner during classes, you have someone you can talk things over with. Being able to express your delights, fears and concerns provides a good sounding board that is healthy and beneficial.
- Learning to dance with a partner allows you to experience dance the way it should be – with two people taking cues from one another and responding to the other person’s movements and rhythm.
- Taking dance classes with a friend, romantic interest or a spouse is an ideal way to express care and to spend time together.
- Dancing with a partner is a perfect opportunity for two people who have common fitness goals to work together to meet those goals.
- Two is better than one. Dancing with someone gives you a chance to play off of each other’s strengths; this will result in learning to dance in a way that is mutually beneficial and comfortable.
Can you think of other reasons about why having a dance partner is crucial?
If so, I welcome your reasons and comments on the matter.
About the Author
Tony Rausseo – is a dance instructor, a performer, a choreographer and an author at https://hotlatinsalsa.com
Copyrighted February the 6th 2013 – Are you going to take dance lessons? Find a partner then.